Apps have had great popularity the last few years. The market is booming and new apps appear daily in app stores.
Initially you have to look if a native app or a hybrid app is desired.
- they are designed and coded for a specific kind of device. For instance, iPhone apps are written in Objective-C or Swift, Android apps in Java, etc.
- better quality because of a faster and more reliable functionality
- can tap into the wider functionality of the device
- comfortable for the user
But there are some negative aspects, too, e.g. programming is complex and you should have a higher budget for the developing.
- The bulk of the app is built using cross-compatible web technology (HTML 5, CSS ect.)
- the apps are not as fast as native apps
- combines different rudiments
- cheaper/ faster viable
That depends entirely on you. There is no one-size-fits-all, perfect answer. Finding the right app for you may be challenging. Consider what your main goals are and what your audience needs. Research your options and get a great developer.